The PUD offers incentives for smart thermostats, heat pump water heaters, doors, windows, insulation, ductless heat pumps and NEEM homes. Follow the guidelines below to qualify.
To qualify for an incentive:
- Customer must call Energy Services for pre-approval BEFORE beginning the project.
- Customer must have a current PUD account.
- The primary source of heat for the home must be electric.
Smart thermostat incentives available JULY 1, 2020. Invoice MUST be dated July 1, 2020 or after in order to qualify.
- Visit to make sure your new smart thermostat qualifies for an incentive. BPA's Product List
- Completed . Smart Thermostat Project Incentive Form
- Invoice showing purchase date, cost and model purchased.
- Photo of installed smart thermostat.
Incentive amount: $150. (Incentive amount may not exceed the cost of the product.)
Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Photo of existing electric storage water heater installed.
- Visit to make sure your new heat pump water heater qualifies for an incentive. BPA's HPWH Qualified Products List
- Completed . Heat Pump Water Heater Installation Form
- Invoice showing purchase date and model purchased.
- Photo of newly installed heat pump water heater.
Incentive amount: Tier 1 - $300; Tier 2 - $600; Tier 3 - $600.
- Completed AND Residential Insulation Project Information Form
- Completed checklist(s) based on area of insulation installed:
- Invoice that shows the purchase date and square footage of the insulation purchased.
Incentive amount: Varies by primary heat source, area of insulation, etc.
- Completed . Residential Window Project Information Form
- Invoice that shows purchase date, cost and dimensions of EACH window. The dimensions MUST match what is listed on the PUD form.
- Sticker for EACH window showing that the U-value is 0.30 or less, OR a spec sheet showing the dimensions and that U-value of each window is 0.30 or less.
Incentive amount: $6 per square foot of glass replaced.
- Completed . Residential Door Project Information Form
- Invoice that shows purchase date, cost and model number.
- Documentation showing the model number and that it is a pre-hung Energy Star Door.
Incentive amount: $40.
Ductless Heat Pump
- Projects must have a licensed and bonded installer. ALL ductless heat pumps must be listed on the BPA Ductless Heat Pump Qualified Products List. Go to the , then scroll down to Residential Sector/HVAC Measures/Ductless Heat Pump Qualified Product List (the list is in a large Excel spreadsheet). BPA website
- Completed . Residential Ductless Heat Pump Participation Form
- Invoice showing purchase date.
- Documentation showing that the requirements have been met - manufacturer, model number, type, size of product installed.
Incentive amount: $1,300 (incentive amount ends March 31, 2022).
We have incentives available for NEEM (Northwest Energy Efficient Manufactured) homes.
- Completed . PUD form
- Invoice with purchase date and cost.
- NEEM 1.1 or 2.0 certification of compliance.
Incentive amount: NEEM 1.1 - $1,000; NEEM 2.0 - $1,200.
Why is my energy usage so high? How can I reduce my usage? If you've ever asked yourself these questions, then we're here to help you find the answers. We can conduct a free energy audit on your home to answer these and many other questions you might have about your use of electricity. A great way to monitor energy usage on your own is through our . SmartHub online program or app