DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, STAFF WILL NOT BE MEETING WITH CUSTOMERS IN PERSON. PLEASE CONTACT VIA PHONE OR EMAIL, LISTED BELOW.
The PUD offers incentives for smart thermostats, heat pump water heaters, doors, windows, insulation, ductless heat pumps and NEEM homes. Follow the guidelines below to qualify.
To qualify for an incentive:
- Customer must call Energy Services for pre-approval BEFORE beginning the project.
- Customer must have a current PUD account.
- The primary source of heat for the home must be electric.
NEW: Smart Thermostats
Smart thermostat incentives available JULY 1, 2020. Invoice MUST be dated July 1, 2020 or after in order to qualify.
- Visit BPA's Product List to make sure your new smart thermostat qualifies for an incentive.
- Completed Smart Thermostat Project Incentive Form.
- Invoice showing purchase date, cost and model purchased.
- Photo of installed smart thermostat.
Incentive amount: $150. (Incentive amount may not exceed the cost of the product.)
Get more info on our Smart Thermostat info sheet.
NEW: Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Photo of existing electric storage water heater installed.
- Visit BPA's HPWH Qualified Products List to make sure your new heat pump water heater qualifies for an incentive.
- Completed Heat Pump Water Heater Installation Form.
- Invoice showing purchase date and model purchased.
- Photo of newly installed heat pump water heater.
Incentive amount: Tier 1 - $300; Tier 2 - $600; Tier 3 - $600.
Get more info on our Heat Pump Water Heater info sheet.
- Completed Residential Insulation Project Information Form AND
- Completed checklist(s) based on area of insulation installed:
- Invoice that shows the purchase date and square footage of the insulation purchased.
Incentive amount: Varies by primary heat source, area of insulation, etc.
- Completed Residential Window Project Information Form.
- Invoice that shows purchase date, cost and dimensions of EACH window. The dimensions MUST match what is listed on the PUD form.
- Sticker for EACH window showing that the U-value is 0.30 or less, OR a spec sheet showing the dimensions and that U-value of each window is 0.30 or less.
Incentive amount: $6 per square foot of glass replaced.
- Completed Residential Door Project Information Form.
- Invoice that shows purchase date, cost and model number.
- Documentation showing the model number and that it is a pre-hung Energy Star Door.
Incentive amount: $40.
Ductless Heat Pump
- Visit goingductless.com to find a qualified installer. ALL ductless heat pumps must be listed on the BPA Ductless Heat Pump Qualified Products List.
- Completed Residential Ductless Heat Pump Participation Form.
- Invoice showing purchase date.
- Documentation showing that the requirements have been met - manufacturer, model number, type, size of product installed.
Incentive amount: Purchased BEFORE JULY 1, 2020 - $800; Purchased ON OR AFTER JULY 1, 2020 - $1,300.
We have incentives available for NEEM (Northwest Energy Efficient Manufactured) homes.
- Completed PUD form.
- Invoice with purchase date and cost.
- NEEM 1.1 or 2.0 certification of compliance.
Incentive amount: NEEM 1.1 - $1,000; NEEM 2.0 - $1,200.
Why is my energy usage so high? How can I reduce my usage? If you've ever asked yourself these questions, then we're here to help you find the answers. We can conduct a free energy audit on your home to answer these and many other questions you might have about your use of electricity. A great way to monitor enegy usage on your own is through our SmartHub online program or app.
Check out our blog entry if you'd like to do your own basic home energy audit.
Contact Kim Johnson in Energy Services for more details or if you have issues downloading the forms at 509-422-8428 or email@example.com.